Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are you a childcare facility?
No, we are not a childcare facility. We offer in-home babysitting services on an on-going or occasional basis.
2. Do I pay Austin’s Capital Grannies or the sitter directly?
You pay the baby sitter directly upon completion of her appointment. At that time she will also issue a receipt for your records.
3. Is there a membership fee or hourly fee paid to the agency?
No, there are no membership or hourly fees paid to the babysitting agency from the client. You only pay the babysitter directly.
4. What if I don’t like my baby sitter?
All feedback at Austin’s Capital Grannies is taken seriously. If a baby sitter receives 2 negative client evaluations, she will no longer receive referrals from our agency. If you are unhappy with your baby sitter, please let the agency know as soon as possible so that we can match you with another baby sitter.
5. What are the benefits of working with a babysitter or nanny referral agency?
While another babysitter may offer lower rates, your schedule is dependent upon her availability to baby sit for you. When dealing with an agency, we have many babysitters from which to choose. Also, if you have any issues with the babysitter, we will handle the issues for you. You can also feel comfortable knowing that our babysitters are background checked, prepared for emergencies, and very experienced. Since our babysitting agency has no membership fee, you have nothing to lose by giving it a try!
6. Can I get a copy of my babysitter’s background check & references?
Yes, with the babysitter’s permission, we will release her background check to the client. References are always available upon request.
7. Do you baby sit for special needs children?
Yes, we have several baby sitters with special needs experience.
8. Can I get a full-time nanny from your agency?
While we don’t specialize in full-time nannies, we can sometimes help with a nanny placement. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we will try to help!
9. I’m moving. Are you located in other cities?
At this time, we offer babysitter and nanny services to the greater Austin, TX area, including Buda, Georgetown, Kyle, Lakeway, & Round Rock. We also offer baby sitter services in Houston. However, we would love to include other cities in the future!
10. Can I contact my babysitter directly, or must I book through the agency?